RAP Support

What is RAP

The Remote Access Portal (RAP) is used by authorised account holders to connect to either the Havering or Newham networks when working from home or other remote location using your own PC or laptop.  You do not need to use RAP if you are working from a corporate device.  However, it is useful to register as a backup in case there are any issues with your corporate device (eg it goes in for repair), as you will then be able to work from your own device. 

As part of the setup, you will need to register a device (eg mobile phone) as an authentication method to use when you log in through RAP.

Before contacting us about any issues please make sure you have read the guidance and the FAQ’s If you still have an issue after this, please Contact Us.

How to register and access the network (registering for 2FA)

All information that you need to register and access the network can be found in the guidance notes below.  You only need to do this once:

If you need to change the device you use for authentication, eg you have a new mobile phone or phone number, please refer to the guides below:

Logging on to RAP

Once you have registered, you can log into RAP from here:

Havering RAP: https://remote.havering.gov.uk
Newham RAP: https://remote.newham.gov.uk

Suppliers and external partners

If you are a new supplier who requires access to our systems, please contact your Newham or Havering business contact who will make the necessary arrangements. 

Once you have been set up on our systems, your network account will be enabled as and when required.   You can arrange this through your Havering or Newham business contact, who will request this through our IT Service Desk.  Once your business contact confirms your access has been enabled, you can continue your setup using the supplier guide below:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

A list of FAQs are answered here.